Sunday, August 14, 2011

Rocco's 2nd Birthday - an Airplane Themed Party

This year, for Rocco's 2nd birthday, I decided to do an airplane theme. Below is his invitation printed on white cardstock over Paper Source Bluebell colored cards.


The dessert table featured airplane cookies in a platter full of cotton "clouds" (I wanted to fill it with cotton candy but the cotton candy disintegrated fairly quickly - it was homemade). And a simple blue cake with cloud cookies.


These were suitcase favor boxes for the kids. They were white corrugated boxes which I glued blue cardstock and red ribbon to. The boxes were each labeled with a tag of the name of each kid and were filled with a passport sticker book, a parachute man toy, and a Guillows balsa wood airplane.


Here's the birthday boy with his airplane cake. We tried to train him to wear his pilot hat for two weeks prior to the party and he refused to wear it each time. Luckily he had no issues putting it on for his cake pictures (I think I told him he had to wear it if he wanted to have some cake).



The thank you card was inspired by a wedding thank you card I found online.



2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    Love your theme! I am doing an airplane party for my son in a couple of weeks. But I am having the hardest time finding any luggage type favor bags. Can you tell me where you found the corrugated boxes in such a small quantity?
    Thanks!
    Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops sorry I didn't see your note. I am sure your party has already passed but if not, I got the boxes from Uline.com. They came in a bundle of 25.

    ReplyDelete